Columbia International College
View Larger Map
Canada’s Top Private Boarding School
Established in 1979 in Hamilton, Ontario, We are Canada’s largest private boarding school, with an enrollment of 1,300 students from over 66 countries. Our boarding programs make sure that international students will adjust to their new environment safely, smoothly and successfully.
A Private School that Maximizes Students' Full Potential
• Our interactive teaching and active class discussions encourages students to gain confidence in discussion, presentation and public speaking.
• Our Academic Support Program provides students with extra help during and after school and on the weekends.
• With 40% of our teachers having a Master's Degree or PhD, students are taught by passionate teachers who have in-depth knowledge of the subjects they teach.
An International School that Provides Seamless Adjustment
• We teach critical analysis, research, report-writing and presentation skills to enable students succeed in North America's post-secondary education system.
• Through our orientation activities and school trips, students learn exemplary North American customs.
Professional Memberships that Give You Peace of Mind
• Registered with the Ontario Ministry of Education, Columbia has memberships in:
o Independent School Associations of Ontario (ISAO)
o Industry-Education Council (IEC)
o Teaching English a Second Language (TESL Canada)
o ETS authorized test center for iBT TOEFL.
o Official test center for MELAB, CAEL, SSAT and AP.
Counseling Team Guides Students to Succeed
• Each student is assigned to meet individually with one of our guidance counselors to create a Personalized Success Plan according to the students' ASEP needs.
• Each student is assigned a University Placement Officer who assists them with university selection and applications to ensure the student chooses the best university and program to meet their goals.
Effective Leadership Programs Develop Students into Well-Rounded Leaders
• Our leadership programs teach students goal-setting, decision-making and communication skills, which are key to success in university and their future lives.
• Our Bark Lake Leadership Training Centre coaches students to be confident and learn essential life and leadership skills.
• Our 40 well-planned after-school activities equip students with the knowledge, skills and values needed to succeed in today's competitive global environment.
An Excellent Learning Environment that Provides Invaluable Opportunities
• Our Co-op Program and Career Guidance Series provides students first-hand experience in their future careers and allows them to clarify career goals, network with businesses, and develop a professional résumé.
• As an international school, Columbia coordinates activities that help students to connect with and learn the cultures and mores of their peers who come from over 60 countries.
Extensive Communication Systems Keep Parents Connected
• Our multilingual liaison staff assist parents to communicate with teachers and other school departments on their child's conduct and progress.
• A personal phone extension with voice mail in each room, allows parents to connect privately and conveniently with their child.
• Internet connection in school and residence as well as free Wi-Fi internet in select areas of the school allow students to stay connected with friends and family.
• Parents have easy access to their child's test marks, progress, midterm and final reports via our online ezReport Card.
Three Modern and Comfortable Residences Meet Students' Needs
• Residence entry is access-card controlled and residences are monitored 24/7 by CCTV and live-in residence staff to ensure students' safety.
• Rooms have individual air-conditioning and heat controls for student's comfort.
• Our caring and friendly residence staff help students to feel right at home.
• World-renowned food service provider, Sodexo, serves delicious and nutritious meals to meet students' dietary needs.
University Partnerships Provide Our Graduates with Advantages
• Our 10 University Partners® offer priority admissions, specially designated entrance scholarships and reduced or waived TOEFL scores to our graduates.
• Students are assured placement in our select and renowned Dual Admission partner universities.
• Since 1995, 100% of our graduates have been accepted to post-secondary institutions worldwide, with majority receiving scholarships and entering top universities in Canada and the USA.
A Time-Tested Education System that Delivers Success
• Since 1979, Columbia International College has effectively met the needs of international students and their parents because our primary objective has always been to nurture international students to succeed.
• As one of Canada's top private schools Columbia cares for students under our superior and unique Total Care Education System®.
|Wikipedia Article:||View Article|
|University Placement:||View Placement Statistics|
|Advanced Placement Classes (AP):||
|Arts and Media:||